April 2016 will mark some significant changes to the regulations for NAWI. In particular:
• On April 20, 2016, the new NAWI directive 2014/31/EU will come into force, replacing the Directive 2009/23/EC.
• On April 19, 2016, the standard EN 45501:1992 will cease to give presumption of conformity under Directives 2009/23/EC and 2014/31/EU. The new standard is identified as EN 45501:2015.It’s important to remember that the new NAWI directive 2014/31/EU states that certificates issued under the old directive remain valid.
New obligations have been added for importer and distributors (please refer to articles 8 and 9 of directive 2014/31/EU).
Metrological markings on the instrument have been changed. In particular the supplementary metrology marking shall consist of the capital
letter ‘M’ and the last two digits of the year of its affixing (XX), surrounded by a rectangle. The height of the rectangle shall be equal
to the height of the CE marking. The CE marking and the supplementary metrology marking shall be followed by the identification number of
the notified body (YY) involved in the production control phase.
Markings on the instrument shall include also the postal address at which the manufacturer can be contacted.
On April 20, 2016 the Directives 2004/108/CE (EMC - ElectroMagnetic Compatibility) and 2006/95/CE (LVD - Low Voltage Directive) will be replaced.
Starting from this date Dini Argeo will begin issuing new Declarations of Conformity
containing reference to the new Directives and in particular:
• Directive 2014/31/EU (NAWI)
• Directive 2014/30/EU (EMC)
• Directive 2014/35/EU (LVD - Low Voltage Directive)
DINI ARGEO srl - Via Della Fisica, 20 -
41042 Spezzano di Fiorano, Modena - Italy - Tel. +39.0536 843418 Fax. +39.0536 843521